Monday, August 24, 2009

Little notes


Accomodations: I switched hotels yesterday, moving myself from the Red Roof Inn to the Day's Inn. The price is the same, but several factors so far make the hassle of packing and unpacking myself one extra time worth the trouble: (1) when I return to my hotel room at the end of the day, I no longer need time to get used to the smell, (2) so far I have found zero pillows in my Day's Inn hotel room with a golf ball-size blood stain, which is one less than the number of such pillows in my room at the Red Roof, and (3) I can be anywhere in this city and easily find my way home now that I live in the shadow of Springfield's giant cloud-making machines.


Postscript on Republican Day at the Illinois State Fair (at best): I suggested it a few days ago, but I didn't actually believe that Republican Day drove down attendance at the Illinois State Fair. However, it may have. It turns out that Republicans do not hold a single statewide office in Illinois, and whathisname, the head of the Illinois Republican whatsitcalled Committee, used the occassion of Republican Day at the Fair to resign his chairmanship.

No comments:

Post a Comment